I Didn’t Know What a Stock Was Three Years Ago. This Week, I Launched a Platform to Help People Like Me.
I remember my dad explaining the concept of investing to me, pulling me down the rabbit hole. My first time opening a financial news site, it felt like I’d just walked into a conversation that everyone else had started years earlier. Tickers, P/E ratios, market caps, earnings calls. Everyone seemed to already know the language, but nobody was slowing down to explain it.
Now I had two options. Give up, or figure it out myself. I chose the latter, and that decision led to Quantex Terminal, the free financial research platform I launched this month.
The problem I kept running into
When you start learning to invest, you quickly discover that the good tools are not actually built for you. The professional platforms cost thousands of dollars a year, and the free ones bury the information you actually need under ads and clutter, or they assume you already understand everything. There was no clean, simple place where a beginner could look up a company and actually understand whether it was healthy, growing, and reasonably priced.
The more I learned, the more I realized the issue was not that this information is secret. The truth is, it’s all public! The issue is that it's scattered, jargon-heavy, and presented as if understanding a business requires a finance degree. I’m here to tell you, it does not. It simply requires the information to be organized clearly and explained in plain language.

Why I built it instead of waiting
I could have waited for someone else to build a better beginner tool. Instead, I decided to build it myself, which turned out to be the best decision of my time learning finance. Building Quantex Terminal forced me to understand investing far deeper than reading about it ever did. To design a feature that shows whether a company is growing, I first had to truly understand what growth looks like in a financial statement. The product truly became my mentor.
It also pushed me far beyond finance. I had to think like a product designer, asking questions like, " What does a beginner actually need to see first?”, like a developer asking questions like, " How do I build it?”, and like an entrepreneur asking questions like, " Who is this for, and why would they come back?” I spent countless hours planning features, testing them, breaking them, and rebuilding them.


What comes next
Over the next six weeks, I’m going to share this entire project in public. Through this blog, I’ll walk through exactly what the platform does, teach the research process it’s built around, share the lessons — and inevitably mistakes — from building it, and break down a real company using the tool so you can see it in action!
I’m doing this in the open for one simple reason: a tool built for beginners should be shaped by beginners. If you try it and something confuses you, that confusion is the most useful thing you can send me (using the feedback button in the bottom right of the platform).
You can explore Quantex Terminal for free at QuantexTerminal.com.
If you’ve ever felt locked out of investing because it seemed too complicated, this series is for you. I was there three years ago. The whole point of what I’m building is that you don’t have to stay there.
This article and the platform are for educational purposes and are not investment advice.
Comments
Post a Comment